To be or not to be

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Choices - Decisions

Lets presume for a second that Mr. Vineet here is a multi-talented, multi-faceted personality. And add to that the much more unreasonable assumption that this fact was discovered much earlier in his life - say when he was 10 or 12. Now. Given that he can pursue any of the following passions for a career throughout his life - playing video games, making odd paintings with all the wrong colors, creating records in eating mangoes, sit watching a sunset at a temple situated on a riverbank, inventing different ways of letting the bike fall without injuring himself, and so an and so forth. Given all these fabulous options, how in the heavens did he end up in Engineering? The dry, boring, pitiful life of a stupid engineer trying to fix similar stupid things built up by fellow engineers.

Continuing on, lets assume that someone gave me an option of not worrying about money in life. When I need money, I would get it. Its really made up a lot than it is, this money thing. I mean what would it cost the people to let all young people to have the money whenever they wanted it. After all they are the ones who need it the most :D. Anyway, supposing that this was the case. Would I still be an Engineer then? Would you still be what you are today?

Some darned old fools come and mess up the beautiful life that is. All with talk of career, wealth, fame. Full of crap, they are. Sometimes this all seems so meaningless, who cares what the throughput of a network is. I would have been spending this much valued time with my friends chattering back at my place in India, than blogging to the anonymous reader through the Internet. I seem very much close to renunciation, but not to worry. All the above were assumptions. It turns out that in the real world (the big bad real world) none of those hold. So I need to be selfish. And think about money. And all that.

Someday in future it will come to pass. Me back on the footsteps of that temple on the riverbank. Until then, I have the blog :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home