To be or not to be

Monday, August 06, 2007

Blurting out...

Its been a while since this incident happened. (But I still feel guilty about it). Now, now, don't rush to conclusions :).

One of my American friends once asked me, in a well-meaning way of course,

What do you miss most about India?

Now, being the honest person that I am (take my word for it, its my blog anyway) entails that it can work to my disadvantage sometimes too (happens way too often). So, I tend to blurt out answers that come from I don't know where, without first processing them for suitability. So, I found myself answering the question above as:

Food!!!

Food?? Bloody Food? Not parents, they miss me the most by the way. Not great friends who don't contact in years, but when I call up they talk like the time we were together was just yesterday. Not the girlfriend (not in my case at least, but now I am generalizing). (And if there is a plural back there, then God help you).

I mean, of all the things in the world, it boils down to "Food". Now I started feeling guilty about this, so I began justifying it :). Typical. Lets see, what are the things which I HAD to do while I was in India. Touch base with my parents once in a while, which I do daily on the phone. So I don't miss that. Friends are there somewhere in the universe, ready to be plucked out of oblivion when the time comes. I don't miss them either. Breathe. Yeah I do that here too. Food. See, now we are talking. The kind of food we prepare at our rooms, which we shamelessly classify in the category of Indian food, is at best a pathetic watered down version of the worst eating experience one can have while back in India (Girls no offense, I am exclusively in the guys domain here). One forces oneself to eat the --preparation-- while dreaming about all the exotic dishes to which we had access to back there. Its torture. So there. I miss the food the most (the guilt is not fading away yet... :( )

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home